Authored by: Z-BURN
Daylight Savings Time Starts Sunday, March 9th
The annual ritual of turning our clocks forward is coming soon. To “spring forward” means great things: summer is on the horizon and spring is in the air, but it also means your sleep schedule may fall off track. Sacrificing a valuable hour of Zzz’s can cause disruptions in our sleep patterns. Take a cue from these five steps to make the shift a little easier on your body:
- Gradually transition into the time change – Start going to bed 15 minutes early each night for the week leading up to daylight savings. By the time March 9th rolls around you may be already adjusted!
- Clear your mind – Put all of the day’s thoughts to rest by jotting down a to-do list for the following day. This will help keep your mind from racing as you try to fall asleep.
- Unwind at least 30 minutes prior to bedtime – Listen to soft music or cozy up with a favorite book to help increase sleepiness.
- Take a sleep aid – Take one to two capsules of Z-BURN, 30 minutes before bed. The blend of ingredients in Z-BURN will help support your transition to dream land.
- Embrace A.M. Sunshine – Get exposure to as much sunlight as possible in the morning hours. The light tells your body to stop releasing natural sleep hormones like melatonin and will help your body adjust to the new schedule. Wake up and open the curtains right away for a blast of sunshine.
Set a reminder! Daylight Savings Time officially begins at 2:00 a.m. on Sunday, March 9th.